Last Updated: October 24, 2023
Information can generally be collected in two ways: (1) information that is knowingly and voluntarily input into Our system directly by you in response to particular prompts or fields, or that is otherwise knowingly and voluntarily provided by you (such as in an e-mail); and (2) information that is collected automatically when you use the Site.
Some information can be “personally identifiable.” We use the term “personally identifiable” information to mean any type of information which could be utilised to identify or be readily associated with you. Examples of personally identifiable information we collect include, but are not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any combination thereof. We also collect a sub-category of personally identifiable information that we call financial information. Financial information includes passwords, credit/debit card numbers, bank and other account numbers, and bank routing information. In order to operate our Site and provide you with information on events and services that may be of interest to you, we collect personally identifiable information (including financial information) as well as demographic information (e.g., postcode, address, gender, purchase history, and age) from you. Please note that, in some instances as described below, we treat financial information differently from how We treat other types of personally identifiable information.
1. VOLUNTARY INFORMATION
Whenever you are prompted by the Site or mobile applications to complete forms, provide payment information, and make choices, for example, and you choose to do so, you are voluntarily providing information to Us. In order to make the Website available to you, or to meet legal obligations, we need to collect and use certain personal information. This information may or may not be personally identifiable, depending upon what you are asked to provide. You may also choose to voluntarily submit information to Us when you communicate with us by e-mail or telephone. For your own security and protection, you should not send personally identifiable information through unencrypted e-mail, particularly information that you deem to be sensitive or confidential (such as financial information).
When you choose to access or connect to the Site through Facebook or another social networking website, certain information (“Social Web Information”) may be collected by Us. Social Web Information includes, but is not limited to, your Facebook (or other social networking site) connect credentials, information that you authorise the site to share with us though permissions and e-mail account information. Social Web Information may also include personally identifiable information about other individuals that our users authorise and provide to us. For example, to help you connect to friends and contacts you may want to use our service with (as well as to improve our service and fight fraud), we may allow you to import data, such as your e-mail contacts, from a variety of social networking sites and e-mail service providers. However, LWW does not evade or circumvent personal privacy settings on Facebook or any other site.
2. AUTOMATIC INFORMATION
Certain information is collected automatically from you when you interact with the Site. This can be done through the use of software or other automated processes that our Site uses. However, LWW does NOT use such automated processes to collect personally identifiable information such as your name, contact information or financial information from you, and we do not permit third parties (e.g. advertising networks) to use automated processes to collect personally identifiable information on the Site.
COOKIES: Our Site, like many websites on the Internet, uses “cookies.” A cookie is a small text file automatically placed on your computer’s web browser that is used to recognise users who have previously visited the Site. In general, these cookies are either persistent and may reside on your computer for several months or longer after you last accessed the Site (unless you delete or otherwise dispose of them), or they may be more temporary in nature. Our Site generally uses persistent cookies but may also use temporary cookies called “session cookies,” which are stored for a single user session on the Site and are deleted as soon as the user’s browser is shut down.
If you do not wish to accept cookies, you can usually set your browser to decline them, and if you wish to delete or disable cookies previously placed on your computer, the “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to do so. Please note, however, that if you choose to set your browser to decline, delete or disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our Site.
Like most websites, each time you visit the Site, we automatically collect your “internet protocol” (“IP”) address, the operating system type and version, and language preferences (and the website address that directed you to us, when applicable), An IP address is a unique series of numbers that identifies each computer connected to the Internet. An IP address can be used to provide information such as the date and time of a user’s visit, the availability of certain requested files, the popularity of various website functions, and the amount of information transmitted to each user from a site. Presently, we use your IP address to help identify you, to gather demographic information, to note the frequency of your visits to this Site and to determine the frequency with which certain pages and functions of the Site are accessed. This allows us to improve the Site’s functionality and to diagnose problems.
In addition to cookies, we or our service providers may use web beacons, pixels, and similar technologies on our Site and in e-mail messages or newsletters. These tiny electronic images can be used to assist us in determining how many users have visited certain pages or opened messages or newsletters. However, we do NOT use these images to collect personally identifiable information.
Finally, we may also use automated processes to collect statistical information about the behaviour of visitors to the Site on an aggregated, anonymous basis, i.e., that does not identify you as the subject or source of the information.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
LWW USES YOUR INFORMATION TO:
- process your transactions and deliver the products and services that you have requested (for example, we use your financial information to bill you for products and services and to enable you to participate in discount, rebate, and similar programs in which you choose to participate);
- provide customer support;
- solicit feedback;
- meet our legal obligations;
- send you offers that you have opted in to receive;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or third parties (e.g. discounts, special events and exclusive deals);
- develop and display content and advertising (such as targeted ads) tailored to your interests on our Site and other websites:
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotions, contests and sweepstakes;
- enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- protect LWW, our Event Affiliates, our Site, our customers and/or other users, and other third parties from fraud, hacking or other harm;
- cooperate with legal, criminal, or regulatory investigations or proceedings;
- provide you with newsletters, RSS feeds, or other communications or services which you have signed up for or otherwise agreed to receive;
- send account-or transaction-related communications such as welcome letters and transaction confirmations. We may also send you surveys and marketing communications to inform you of new products or services or other information or offers that may be of interest, and/or updates about LWW or the Site. These surveys, marketing communications, or updates may come from LWW or our service providers. If you do not wish to continue to receive surveys, marketing communications or updates, you may indicate this preference by following the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” instructions included within each e-mail communication. Please keep in mind that, even if you choose not to receive these e-mail communications, you may continue to receive transactional or account communications (e.g., confirmation emails and notices of event changes and cancellations) and other communications which are required or permitted by applicable law. Also, opting-out or changing your e-mail preferences on the Site will only affect future e-mail communications from us or on our behalf and will not affect e-mails from Event Affiliates or other unaffiliated third parties who may have already received your information. If you wish to stop receiving marketing e-mails from an Event Affiliate or other third party, you will need to contact them directly.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We will not share your personal information with a third party outside of the LWW Family of companies except in limited circumstances and as specifically described below.
We also will NEVER make Your financial information available to Event Affiliates or third-party marketers except in connection with a particular event or transaction you have specifically requested.
- When you purchase a ticket or complete a registration form to any event listed on Our Site, your name and contact information and financial information may be shared with Event Affiliates, as well as with their authorised third-party service providers. We do this in order to process your ticket purchases.
- Depending on our ticketing service arrangements with particular Event Affiliates, we may also share your financial information with them for purposes of dispute resolution and customer service at the venue on, before or after the date of the event. This sharing of your financial information may be necessary in order for you to gain admittance to the event and for identification verification purposes or otherwise to resolve any problems that occur while at the event. Such sharing of financial and other personally identifiable information with Event Affiliates is a necessary part of providing you the ticketing services you have requested from us when you respond to an event listing made by an Event Affiliate on our Site.
- In addition, we may disclose your personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information to our agents, contractors and service providers who are engaged to perform functions on our behalf (such as processing of payments, provision of data storage, hosting of our website, marketing of our products and services, conducting audits, and performing web analytics).
- We may also disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties when we believe, in good faith and in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (b) comply with legal or regulatory requirements or cooperate with a law enforcement or regulatory investigation, (c) protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users or other third parties, (d) prevent a crime or protect national security, or (e) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. We may also disclose non-personally identifiable information to our business partners, merchants, advertisers, investors, potential buyers and other third parties if we deem such disclosure, in our sole discretion, to have sound business reasons or justifications.
- Certain information relating to usage of the Site and/or our services may be shared with third parties (such as advertisers, Event Affiliates, marketing partners, service providers and others) on an aggregated, anonymous basis for research, analytical or promotional purposes (for example, so that they can customise their advertisements, promotions, and communications to the appropriate audience). However, such information will not identify you as the subject or source of the information.
- Information about our customers and users, including personally identifiable information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, or sale of LWW and/or its assets, as well as in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which case personally identifiable information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company.
- When we cooperate with financial institutions to offer co-branded products or services to you, however, we will do so only if permitted by applicable law and, in these cases, the financial institutions are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those related to the co-branded products or services.
- Finally, please also be aware that Event Affiliates and other third parties visiting the Site may see your information that you choose to enter into your profile or otherwise post on the Site (for more information, please see the section below entitled “Your Postings”).
By purchasing a ticket or completing a registration form on the Site, you hereby consent to such sharing. Please see our Terms and Conditions here.
We may provide areas on our Site where you can post information about yourself, communicate with others, post reviews or upload content. Whenever you disclose personally identifiable information publicly (such as on publicly viewable web pages), that information becomes public and can be collected and used by others, including for the sending of unsolicited messages. We can’t control who reads your posting or what others may do with information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to use your discretion with respect to posting personally identifiable information. Also, such postings are governed by our Terms and Conditions, so be sure to review them before posting.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE ABOUT MY INFORMATION?
As a user of LWW, you have some choices related to the use of your information. Any requests related to your information should be directed to email@example.com.
- You have the ability to opt-out of receiving marketing communication. You may do so at any time by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the ability to see the data you have provided to LWW. You can do so at any time by logging into your account.
OUR SECURITY PRECAUTIONS
LWW uses reputable third-party data centres and similar service providers to store much of your personally identifiable information in order to boost security and protection. We and these service providers attempt to protect your personally identifiable information by using reasonable security measures to prevent loss, misuse, alteration, unintentional destruction or unauthorised access. We use secure server software (SSL) for your Site transactions. We encrypt all of your personally identifiable information as it travels over the Internet.
We also restrict access to personally identifiable information to LWW employees, contractors, service providers and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Site or services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
However, no system can be completely secure. Although we and our data centre providers take very significant steps to secure your information, there is always a chance that your information will not remain secure, and you should always take great care in handling and disclosing your personally identifiable information. If you learn that our security measures have been compromised or have other concerns, please inform us immediately at EMAIL ADDRESS.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
When you use our Site, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personally identifiable information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. For example, if you are an Event Affiliate, you can access or change your name and contact information and your billing information on your dashboard for the Site; otherwise please e-mail us at email@example.com. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected, or removed before processing all such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardise the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backups), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, if you need assistance accessing or changing Your personally identifiable information, or if you would like to have your personally identifiable information deleted. Please be aware that if you delete your personally identifiable information, you may not be able to continue to use the Site or our services. Please also be aware that, as discussed above, where LWW has shared your personally identifiable information with Event Affiliates and third-party marketers, you will need to contact these third parties directly to access, change or delete personally identifiable information held by them.
While some the LWW Event listed on our Site may appeal to children, our Site is not targeted at children under the age of eighteen (18), and they are not permitted to use the Site. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of eighteen (18). Where tickets for the Event of potential interest to children are purchased through the Site, they must be purchased by a parent or other adult guardian. If you believe that LWW has inadvertently collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of eighteen (18), please contact Us at email@example.com and provide us with all relevant information so that we can investigate the matter. If we find that you are correct, we will delete the information. In the same vein, if you are a parent or other adult guardian who provided us with personally identifiable information about your child who is under the age of eighteen (18), and you wish to have this information deleted, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For privacy and security reasons, we may verify your identity and confirm any desired changes or deletions before granting a request to access or delete personally identifiable information.
CHANGES TO THIS PRRIVACY POLICY